Kriyas are cleansing and purifying techniques used in Hatha yoga. These cleansing procedures helps the body to balance the "tridoshas"of the body [vata-wind , pitta-bile, kapha-mucus] the three basic constituents of body. According to Indian medicine, imbalances in the tridoshas causes disease. Many mental and physical ailments may be alleviated through the practice of kriyas.
Shatkarmas / Kriyas
- Neti → Relives sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, headaches, migraine, acne, acidity, asthma, dust allergies
- Dhauti → Acidity, Asthma, dust allergies.
- Nauli → Massages and strengthens abdominal organs helpful in fatty liver, abdominal obesity, indigestion, IBS, diabetes.
- Basti → Improve digestion, skin diseases, chronic constipation
- Kapalbhati → Relieves sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma, anxiety, depression.
- Trataka → Improves vision, strengthens eye muscles ,improve memory and concentration, sleep difficulties, bedwetting. Develops willpower and creativity in children.